Thursday, April 11, 2013

Update


Nick told me that he was working out in his yard during the last two nice days, so since it was raining all day on Thursday, I decided to stop and see how it was looking. It is looking pretty close. I can tell that Nick is proud of what he does and gets excited telling me the details of what he did, why he did it and what he is going to do next.

Here is how things are on the Thursday before priming. The driver’s side quarter panel needs to be sanded with 220 grit paper.

 The rear end/ tail light area has been sanded and is ready for primer.

 Nick spent quite a bit of time working  on cleaning up detail areas. An example of this is the gas cap area and the trunk key hole areas.

 The drivers side door has been sprayed with Etch Primer, which forms a better bond with the metal. It will be primed off the car and then installed.

 The front end has been covered and taped off. The interior will all be taped off soon.

 When I visit tomorrow night, these parts will all be covered in 2K primer.

It is hard for me to see how it is going to turn out. It looks good, but I know that there are things that are not right. This car originally had a Landau roof, so the sail panels might not look so smooth. There was a dent in the roof that wasn’t included in the scope of this project. I am sure that once the primer is on, we will see additional areas that will need to be addressed. Nick seems confident that it is going to look nice, so I need to trust him that it will.
Nick inspecting the roof condition. It will get sprayed with the Etch Primer and then 2K Primer.







No comments:

Post a Comment