Friday, April 5, 2013

No Quarter


One of the first tasks that I want completed is to have the driver’s side quarter panel cut off and replaced with a new skin panel. I have had the replacement panel for close to twenty years, but never had anyone do the work until now.

Monday evening, I stopped by the shop on the way home from work to check on the progress. I don’t want to wear out my welcome or be one of those guys who hover and watch the work, so I cleared it first. I was surprised at the amount of work that he had completed during less than a full day. The quarter panel was cut off and removed.

 
 
The new panel was trimmed down to size and dry fit into place. Nick had ground down the edges to make the seams as small as possible, and prepared the other edges for welding. I am happy with the progress so far. Within the next few days, the welding will be completed and the seams should be blended.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment