Friday, April 12, 2013

Primed

When I checked on the car yesterday, Nick told me that he would have primer on it by the weekend. I hated to doubt him, but I might have questioned him. It seemed that there was too much to finish before it was ready. Naturally, Friday after work, I stopped to check his progress and I have to say that I should not have doubted him.

 The driver side door is primed and ready to be hung.

 The deck lid with fresh primer. This was not actually part of our agreement, so even though he painted it, it did not have any repair work. There are some holes in the corners where a spoiler was mounted.

The driver side, after the first primer. This will all be block sanded, touched up and then primed again. 

 Driver side quarter panel. Cut, shaped, welded, blended and painted with primer.

 Passenger side. A twenty plus year old welded quarter panel that isn't quite right. There is a buckle just above the wheel well. This was caused by an improper welding job. I should make it clear that Nick did not weld this side.

It is very early to be thinking about part colors, but the idea of the original mountain green is starting to grow on me. It is light enough to be forgiving to any imperfections, and it stays true to the cowl tag. The originality isn't that important to me, as I do not have the original motor. Another difference from the original is that this car had a Landau top, and I cannot talk myself into doing that to this car.

No comments:

Post a Comment